30 Reasons You Don’t Feel Like Working Out And What You Can Do To Get Back On Track
- I don’t feel like it today
- It’s not gonna make a difference
- It’s Friday, It’s Sunday, It’s my birthday, it’s a holiday!
- The weather is horrible!
- I just don’t have time
- I don’t enjoy it
- I have no idea what to do when I get to the gym
- I don’t know anyone at the gym and I hate doing things alone
- I’m gonna wait until I lose some weight
- I am gonna wait until I can afford something that will motivate me
- I don’t like my gym
- My gym is far
- My clothes are old
- My music is the same
- My gym teacher will hate me if I go elsewhere
- I’m sick, injured, or awesomely pregnant
- I used to run, lift or do yoga and I was so amazing but not now and I just disappoint myself
- My workout buddy is stronger, faster or less advanced so I don’t enjoy it
- I don’t want to see anyone today
- I need to take care of other people right now
- I have a work deadline
- The people I spend time with always want to do something less healthy
- I hate lifting, I hate running, I hate classes, I hate indoors, I hate outdoors…
- I’m waiting for a good reason and my only one is quite far off (from even happening)
- I don’t want to lose weight or get bulky
- It will require so much energy, time and it won’t make a difference
- I’d rather buy a pill, starve or get a procedure done
- I just can’t get myself started
- (Your excuse here)
- (Your excuse here)
Please add to this list and highlight the ones that are yours. All of these excuses are valid and yet all of them can be added to this sentence:
(My excuse) so I will (healthy effort) until I can increase my personal challenge.
For example, “I used to be this skinny, that fast, and used to lift this much” so … “Now, I have a new body and new goals, so I will work up to losing this much, run/walk this often, and start with just doing one three moves set from The Tiger Trainer videos once a day” until I am ready to add a new challenge.
Do you see that? Go through your excuses one by one. Now, you are getting a solution.
Jack London once said – “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”
If you have some excuses, then you have everything you need to sit down and decide what obstacle you will need to get in writing and work on overcoming.
If you are injured, find out about other methods safe exercising your body. Maybe you’ll just be going for walks – that is just as bad arse as cross fit for your body at the moment. Just walk!
If you are just not seeing the same results, change your routine, your class, your clothes, music and attitude! No one ever became better at anything they were constantly reminding themselves they were horrible at doing! In high school, I began to say, I LOVE PHYSICS and my obsessed efforts to study and seek tutors earned me a B that could have easily been a D. If you keep saying you hate running, running will continue to be a pain. Run in short sprints or just walk at a fast pace. Adjust for you!
To Contact Allyncia Williams: Allyncia Williams, The Tiger Trainer, is a Los Angeles based Personal Trainer and Body Competitor. Her life mission is to encourage others to see what’s possible in rediscovering good lifestyle habits for a fit, healthy and creative life.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fitnesstiger The Tiger Trainer
“Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw